Followers

Saturday, March 24, 2007

One pill makes you ....

better. So, Cesa ran out and got me some antibiotics (and I took some Tylenol) and my fever went away. I feel much better (but of course, now have one more thing to take -- gotta finish the antibiotics, or "biotics" as Aunt Betty calls them.) I managed to do= some bending and stretching yesterday but not much. So today I will be doing a lot of that stuff. I am on stronger pain meds and as a consequence, am in much less pain. Funny how that works. When I was in the hospital, I kept telling the doctors (there were pain docs; orthopedists; pharmacists etc. checking in all the time) that I just didn't want to go home and be in pain again. This hospital was incredible. MUCH better than St. Mary's. I'll write more later, but they were really there; the care was fantastic. And they listened. The nurses were top-notch; every single one of them was nice. And every single one of them knew their stuff. The longest I had to wait for anyone was 15 minutes -- and that's only because another patient had "coded." I'll write more about my experience later (look for a post called popsicles and death). But the bottom line now is that I can bend MUCH more. I finally feel like I'm where I should be -- on the mend, getting better and working with a great team. Just wanted to update this for those of you reading. . . Now, I'm off to take a shower. Scary, but it's my first one in six days.

1 comment:

Jim Hopkins said...

Guilty! I'm so far behind on reading your blog. But now that I have, I'm so glad to see you're back home and that the manipulation worked! In answer to your long-ago question: Yes, I'm back at work. The jury trial is over: Guilty, guilty, guilty. He's getting life in prison, no chance of parole.