Followers

Friday, March 16, 2007

It's all about knee



Happy Friday to all you working stiffs. I changed the title of the blog today. I decided not to change the address, but I registered a new name just in case. Why the change? Well, I was on the phone with my buddy Oren, and was joking that this blog is all about ME. And he said, ha ha, it's all about KNEE. . And well, I thought it was perfect.

So, a new report. I went to my physical therapist, June at UC (who is the best in spite of the fact that she makes me cry -- OK, maybe because of it). So, all this bending and kvetching I've been doing is apparently paying off. I'm getting to 100 degrees easily. And when I push myself -- really push myself, I can get to 116 or so. That's good. At first June was really opposed to doing the manipulation. She sees the results. But when I told her that there would be no blood letting (just the doc bending the hell out of my knee until the scar tissue breaks) she seemed more positive. Don't get me wrong. It's going to hurt. And it's going to produce even MORE trauma. On the other hand, it might make me feel better because I won't have anything in my way. . . So, it's on. Monday. UC . . . I'll keep ya'll posted. And if you want to visit, I'd love visitors or at least calls. . . I'll be bringing my cellphone to the hospital. I might even forward my home phone. If you want my number, I'll give ya'll a hint: I'm listed. That's right. Very old fashioned. So if you know my last name, you'll be able to call. I'll probably forward my home phone to my cell. If not, I'll leave info on the phone. And if I don't call back right away, please be understanding. I'll be pretty busy with all the bending. Ciao --Janet

PS The picture has no relation to this post, especially since eels have no knees. But I wanted to put it up because I thought it was cool. This was a moray (I believe) eel that I saw on a dive last year on the Kona coast of Hawaii.

3 comments:

Jim Hopkins said...

So, does this mean no manipulation? Can I have your spinal block drugs in that case? ;)

Anonymous said...

'atsa moray

Anonymous said...

I am going in for a manipulation in one day after having a unicondular knee replacement, this means half of my knee was done. I only have 85% flexion. I have full extension. This whole procedure has been long and painful.If I have one thing to say it is take the drugs, and work hard.