Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Every half hour....


So, just a small update. Yes, I'm bending just about every half hour that I'm awake, if you don't count the hours when I should be sleeping but am not. I figure I get a break. It's actually kind of amazing. I'll start at 90 degrees and then push it to over 100. So who knows? maybe it's enough to stave off surgery. BTW, last I heard, that was tentatively set for the 19th. In the meantime, my knee is generating enough heat to run a small power plant. So I'm icing. Lani (massage therapist) gave me this incredible knee massage the other night. We only had a few minutes before Lani, Doris and I went downtown to meet my folks. They were in for the night before jetting off to China in the morning (Saturday) I swear, I'll never be able to keep up with my parents. The massage really helped and she showed me how to do this thing with resistance. I've been practicing and it makes a difference. The dinner was decadent and it was great seeing my parents (who by now are among my only readers). Dad said he was really happy that I was bending more. And it's the first time I've seen a little relaxing of that worried look that crosses his face whenever he looks at my knee (a quick review -- dad's an orthopedist as well as being dad supreme -- did I mention he was reading this? Seriously, I would say this anyhow. Really!) So that made me feel hopeful. And both of my parents said my walking was noticeably better. It's hard to gauge my own improvement so I rely on the judgements of others. I still have big enough bags under my eyes to pack for a month in New York but otherwise, the body seems to be gettig there. I'm doing a lot of weight lifting and working out.

So, I don't feel like it's my place to write about this, but I got some very difficult news about a dear friend who has breast cancer. She just had a double mastectomy and is going to go through radiation and chemo. So those of you know know R, I'm sure you're already sending out prayers or whatever it is that you do. Those of you who don't, you know, if you don't mind, please send out some for her. I haven't known her long, but she's really one of my favorite people. I hope I can drive soon so I can go to her house and bug her. I mean help her. Thankfully, she has an amazing partner. But they'll both need tons of support.

So, that's all for now. I'm going to play with my photos in the next few days and post a few.

Right now, it's either 5:30 a.m, according to my windows xp computer which did, actually, pick up the daylight savings change (and why was THAT front page news? But no news commentary now). I was just playing Internet backgammon. The kitties are asleep at my feet. They're in an embrace. Usually they're tearing each other's fur out. And yes, I know I've become one of THOSE people who treat their cats like kids. But what's the harm in that? OK. I can't resist. I'll upload the photo and publish it. It's been awhile since I've used my own photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go girl! Keep up that bending.
Carol