Followers

Friday, March 23, 2007

Back at home

So, I got released this morning. Cesa came to pick me up in the fancy ass BMW (My reputation will somehow survive).. But then we got home and I was exhausted. I mean EXHAUSTED. And chilled. Went straight to bed. Phone rang and rang and rang. It was like being in a bad dream. Then finally I got "up) at about 4:30 p.m. I was delirious, talking to myself (like I always do but more).. . it struck me then that this is not normal. Took my temp. It's about 102. OK. So why am I sick? The knee is burning hot. Like embers pulled from a fire. Not hyperbole. I mean hot. burning hot. . So I call Carly, the physician assistant. Blessedly, she answers the phone. I had a flue shot but this feels like the flue. But then she asks about bladder infection. Just yesterday I started feeling funky -- my catheter did. I said, hey, you guys need to take this out or I'm going to bet a bladder infection. They didn't take it out for awhile. And I'd bet that's what I have. So Cesa is picking up the anti-biotics. I have cramping, pain, the usual. I know my body pretty well. I hope that's all it is. I made myself take some Tylenol and eat a little bit and now i feel a teensy bit better. I'll know in a few hours if it was a bladder infection. . But pretty sure it was. sorry I'm repeating myself. Did I say I'm running a fever? Otherwise, I'm watching the numbers and if they climb too high, I'll go to the emergency room. AT UC. . Other than that, everything is good. the manipulation was a success and i feel like I'm finally going to have the knee I've dreamed about. prayers still in major order here if you feel like sharing.

Love,
Janet

ps soon i will see all the junk i ordered online. ok. that's scary.

No comments: