Followers

Friday, February 2, 2007

There's no place like home


Sorry for the absence, but I've been soaking up being home. I came home Wednesday and slept decently for the first time since surgery -- actually since before surgery, since anxiety was keeping me up. Now it's just good old fashioned pain. Thank God, I finally got the right drugs. I'm taking these intense narcotics and should be flying, but strangely enough, I actually just feel normal. It seems to mostly act on the pain. . Right now, I'm sitting in my living room with my mom and dad and my caregiver/nurse/angel, Ellie, who is helping take care of me. I'm too tired to write more but I promise to keep you posted. I wanted to thank everyone again for all your kind wishes and for putting up with me the first few days. I understand that I apparently was speaking a language other than English the first few days after surgery. It's mostly a blur to me now.
That's all for the moment. This is a picture of my mom hanging with my cat, Kali. --Janet

No comments: