Followers

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Showering love


Yay! I Finally took a shower! I can't tell you how good this feels. A simple thing like a shower. I haven't been totally filthy since the surgery; I've been taking these sponge baths. I've even been washing my hair with these shower cap things. You microwave these products for less than 30 seconds and they become warm and wet. You put the shower cap on and scrub like you're washing your hair. You finish and your hair is wet, like you just washed it. You feel clean. But not for long. My stitches/staples are still in. They come out Friday when the physical therapist comes back. Until then, I'm not supposed to get them wet. But the wound (about five to six inches long) is pretty much sealed up. I don't think I could do more damage. My physical therapist, in fact, told me I don't need to keep it covered and yesterday I stopped wearing those horrible compression socks. Anyhow, I stuck on a chain of waterproof bandaids and that did the trick. Kept it totally dry. So I shaved, shampooed, lathered in copious amounts of soap and put in enough conditioner to get through a first week beauty shop class. Damn, it felt good. I guess it makes you grateful for the small things in life. This is a picture of my knee now with waterproof princess bandaids. The lines were drawn when they did the original surgery. They make horizontal lines so that when they seal you back up, they can match the skin. And THIS is a MINIMALLY invasive incision. Imagine a maximally invasive one.

No comments: