Followers

Friday, February 16, 2007

Maury Povich, blanket wrestling and yawn, more drugs


If the title didn't give you a hint, this is going to be one of those posts -- the kind where I ramble on for my own therapeutic reasons and don't really say much. I'm just feeling a need to reach out and here I am. Don't worry -- this blog is NOT my only outlet -- those of you who have been visiting and calling know that. In fact, here's an apology for those of you who have been calling and have been waiting for my returned calls. I don't know why I'm so slow. Actually, I do. Sometimes it's because I'm so busy with appointments, arrangements, exercises etc. Other times it's just because I'm in pain and don't feel like talking. Last night I actually woke up yelling at my blanket. I was so cold when I went to sleep (a biproduct of constant icing) that I got out my new swanky down blanket from that luxury store, Costco (it's actually a really nice blanket -- maybe that will be my picture.) Anyhow,in my dream, somehow, the blanket was ATTACKING my knee. I mean, with great hostility. I kicked it off and woke up and turned on the TV (which is ROTTING MY BRAIN -- thus the Maury Povich reference in the title, which is all I am going to say on this topic) and sort of watched clear and present danger while playing tetris on my cellphone. Is this one of those posts that's going to come back to bite me one day when I'm about to get my novel published and some diligent reporter uncovers rambling posts about wrestling matches with blankets while on opiates? Actually, the problem was that I wasn't on enough opiates. It had been something like six hours and the pain was full on. Pain is definitely the ugly monster here. Pain is like a big slimy, gnarly, snarling, green, foul-mouthed, bad smelling, monster. Although maybe it is more of a brownish ugly indefinable color because I sort of like green. It is the kind that used to hide in your room at night waiting for the lights to go out. THAT is the enemy. ...

Um, I had written that Friday morning and now it is Saturday night. Actually, it is Saturday morning at 2:27 a.m. I will continue this post in a new one. I am finding that I keep starting posts that I do not finish. I am still getting used to this blog thing (and if right now I am sounding somewhat formal in my use of the language, it is because for some reason my computer is refusing to allow me to use contractions.) I am sure it will get over it soon.

Pictured: the blanket the way it looked in the morning after I wrestled it do the ground.

No comments: