Followers

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

All done!

Janet came through the surgery just fine. According to her mom, she didn't actually GET there until about 2:15 pm. What a drag. There's not much worse than waiting around when you're already nervous, hungry and thirsty.

It ended at about 5 pm or so. The doctor said all went well and that having the surgery was the right decision, based on how it all looked when he got in there.

By now she should be back in her room. Depending upon what type of anesthesia they gave her, she'll either be feeling awful from the drugs or just feeling kind of awful.

I'm glad everything went well. I'm a friend who lives in Maryland. I hate being so far away from her now but I know she's surrounded by lots of caring people. I'm grateful to her mom for calling me with the updates.

3 comments:

Ann A said...

thank you for this posting. We've been thinking about you Janet!
Love Ann & Betsy

Ann A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sister c said...

Thanks, Patty, for keeping us all up to date. I spoke to my (and Janet's) mom about an hour ago, and Janet is doing well but is in a great deal lot of pain. This is expected for the next few days. I'm so glad momndad are there with her and wish I could be there for her, too. I have no excuse (like Maryland) as I am only in SoCal. At least I know that once she is out of the hospital and feeling better, all her SF friends will take good care of her!