Followers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Using it up

OK, so since deciding that I'm going to do this surgery, I've made another decision: to go for it. You know, use my knee all the way up. Push past the pain and dance my ass off. That sort of thing. So I went dancing the other night. Took a Percocet* (I only take them when I'm desperate) and got on the floor and danced. I knew if I stopped, that would be it. I came home and iced. That was good. But man, on the way to work this morning, my knee hurt so much I actually cried. Not that I don't cry often. But usually it's because I'm PMS or mad. Or it takes actual surgery to make me cry. Last time I called my mom and dad in the middle of the night and bawled like a baby. Jeez. I decided you're never too old to cry to your mom and dad. Maybe you are. But I did it anyhow. So there. So, the pushing past the pain thing is sort of working. My doctor looked at me a little funny when I told him I wanted to use it up. He kind of shrugged, like hey, it's your knee. I can't really do more harm. But I'm learning my limits; pain does make you stop some things. I guess there's a reason it's there. Sigh. Note to self: cancel bungee jumping trip. Kidding, Mom.

* Note to Google: need to add Percocet to your spellcheck. Drugs are so popular!

No comments: