Followers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Setting off metal detectors

On Wednesday January 23, 2007, I am scheduled to go under the knife. Yep. After six knee surgeries (I'll detail those later) and 35 years of dealing with knee issues, I'm going to get me a brand new knee. It's called a total knee replacement. The basic idea is that they cement in this plastic and metal joint to replace the one you messed up. But it hurts a lot more. That's the plan anyhow. Ask me ten times how I'm feeling about that and I'll give you at least five different answers, depending on several factors including my mood, my RCL (relative caffeine level), my pain level at the moment and my fear factor. Right now, I say yes. I'm doing it. I'll be setting off metal detectors soon. Well, as soon as I'm out of bed and can travel.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first comment!

How long will you be in recovery?

jk said...

The doctor said up to three months! Yikes. I'll need visitors.

Donna said...

Yes, you will need visitors. Tell them to bring dinner and stay to share it with you. Time will fly. Keep the fear at bay by sharing it with others and remembering this is a low-risk procedure with a high-yield benefit -- a once-again normal life! :-) I'll be here.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Janet, your blog is great! Only you would share your surgery will all your friends! I love the bee photo, I'm crazy about the video for your Dad!

I'll be up to visit you with good eats and whatever else you want.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say I'll ask my Spirit helpers to send Love and healing Light for your speedy recovery.
If you want I can send a healing request to my whole shamanic training group--should I?